April 2017 Global Nursing Caucus Newsletter
“If you think you’re too small to make a difference, you haven’t spent a night with a mosquito”.
Global Nursing Voices
Nora Carr, BSN, RN is an adult/geriatric nurse practitioner student at Regis College. Recently, she participated in a global health clinical experience on the Caribbean island of Grenada. She blogs about her experience here
If you would like to be featured as a future Global Nursing Voice, please email Pritika or Lauren.
- Save the date! May 17, 2017 5:30-7 PM will be the GNC Annual Celebration of Nurses Week at the Partners in Health offices (Prudential Building, 800 Boylston Street, Suite 1400, Boston, MA, USA) Access will be available online.
- April 6-9, 2017 Consortium of Universities for Global Health (CUGH)’s Annual Conference Healthy People, Healthy Ecosystems: Implementation, Leadership and Sustainability in Global Health (Washington, DC, USA)
- April 7, 2017 = World Health Day (Everywhere)
- May 3-5, 2017 Annual Health Literacy Conference (Irvine, CA, USA)
- May 4, 2017 Personal and Professional Ethics in Disaster Response by MGH Global Disaster Response and Center for Disaster Medicine (Somerville, MA, USA)
- June 26-30, 2017 Remote Sensing for Humanitarian Programs Workshop (Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, USA)
- October 18-21, 2017 Transcultural Nursing Society 43rd Annual Conference (New Orleans, LA, USA)
Global Nursing News
- “The Global Gag Rule Is Back, With a Vengeance” by GNC co-executive director Monica Adhiambo Onyango [Please note: this article was originally published on the Boston University School of Public Health News & Events website on February 2, 2017.]
- “Helping A Newborn Take His First Breath” by Anam Khan; featured on Jhpiego
- The Global Nursing Caucus is looking for a coordinator! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org your CV and cover letter or for more information.
- Global Advocate Fellow – Mama Hope
- Global Health Nursing Fellowship
- Seed is currently seeking a Deputy Nursing Officer/Clinical Director for Midwifery and Women’s Health.
- Midwifery Tutor, International Medical Corps (South Sudan)